A new feature that’s coming to iOS 17 lets users transform their images into stickers and effortlessly share them with iMessage. Here’s how you can get started.
In iOS 17 iMessage will be receiving numerous significant updates. Users will be able to gain access to the iMessage apps via an updated Plus button that displays options for camera functions as well as photos and others.
It also includes a new Sticker drawer and offers easy access to photo stickers and emojis. These can be transformed into stickers. Users can convert items from photos into stickers using the object recognition feature of Apple’s iOS 16.
How to turn photos into stickers in iOS 17
- To begin, access the Messages app on your iPhone and tap the icon with a plus sign positioned to the left of the text field.
- Select the Stickers option and tap on the sticker icon, which is the one on the left next to the clock symbol.
- Tap on New Sticker to make one from a photo. It will open a window from the photos app to make a selection.
- After finding a photo, it will automatically detect an object in the image, and you can tap Add Sticker on the bottom right.
- You can add various effects to it, such as making it look like a comic or adding an outline.
- Finally, drag it into the text field or onto a message already in the chat area.
Long-press an image to erase it, change the appearance, or move stickers within the drawer. Overall the feature of messaging stickers provides a fun and enjoyable method of allowing more flexibility in self-expression and communication.
The effects on the photos included are particularly impressive because they give the photo an authentic, sticker-like look. This fun and user-friendly feature will be made available in iOS 17 later, in 2023.