WhatsApp’s Pay Mode: WhatsApp has recently introduced a variety of stickers in payments to make money transactions fun. Five Indian women were also involved in making them.
WhatsApp has recently introduced a variety of stickers in payments to make money transactions fun. The instant messaging app also partnered with five Indian female artists to introduce a new pack of payment stickers to its users in India. These stickers are specially made on different types of culture expressions related to money exchange. While stickers have been available on WhatsApp for a long time, the introduction of Payment Stickers is completely new.
Artists who created these paid sticker packs include illustrator Anjali Mehta, sketch artist Anuja Pothireddy, illustrator and muralist Niti, illustrator and artist Osheen Silva and graphic designer Mira Felicia Malhotra.
How to use WhatsApp’s Pay Mode Stickers in Pay Mode
To send payments to WhatsApp contacts, users need to sign up for payments and link a UPI bank account. This can be done by tapping on the three dots icon in the top right corner of the home screen and going to the payments section. Once this is set, WhatsApp Payment stickers can be added when sending money to the user instead of composing a text message. Follow these steps to send payment stickers when sending money to someone on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat of the user to whom you want to send money.
- Now click on the Rupee icon in the text bar.
- Now a new page will open which will ask you the amount of money you want to send. Enter the amount here.
- Below the amount box, you will see an option called ‘Add a note. Here click on the smiley option and select the sticker button.
- Users can add stickers by clicking on the + icon at the top right corner of this window. Once the sticker pack is downloaded, it will appear in the sticker section.
- Click on any sticker you want to add along with the money, and then click Next.
- Click on Send Payment, enter the UPI code, and the money will be transferred to the user.
The user to whom you have sent the money will get the notification along with the sticker.