UFC 253 takes place this Saturday on September 26 and it is massive one — an enormous battle with the very best of stakes. versus Paulo Costa. Precision versus energy, the chic counter striker versus the wrecking ball stress fighter.
With“retired”, the UFC is within the technique of constructing stars to plug the gaps. Israel Adesanya is Exhibit A. The present UFC middleweight champion, Adesanya is an undefeated, next-generation Anderson Silva. A flashy, exact striker who’s absolute dynamite to look at.
More often than not.
Adesanya’s, a conservative determination win over Cuban juggernaut Yoel Romero, was an outlier. Count on this one to be fireworks from begin to end. His opponent, a fully yoked Paulo Costa, does nothing however march ahead and launch bombs. Adesanya is a slick counter striker, so this one is fairly straight ahead. Most certainly this pair will probably be throwing bones till somebody falls over.
However wait! There’s additionally a second title battle on this card, and it is also an excellent one.
Dominick Reyes is the man. Now that Jones has vacated the sunshine heavyweight title and is shifting to heavyweight, Reyes will get to battle for the title he ought to have gained towards Jan Blachowicz.
Oddsmakers have Reyes put in as a heavy favorite, however do not underestimate Blachowicz. This dude has heavy palms and is a drive at each distance. This also needs to be a barnburner.
This can be a good card!
Tips on how to watch UFC 253
This yr the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the enlargement of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for shopper selection. Particularly when you’re one of many UFC followers who wish to watch UFC stay within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know the right way to watch UFC 253, you may solely discover the battle evening on PPV by way of ESPN Plus. The associated fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed here are the choices to look at UFC on ESPN, in line with ESPN’s site.
- Current yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight for $65.
- Current month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will have the ability to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to look at the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should buy a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one yr, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do all the above on the hyperlink under.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 246 exclusively through BT Sport. There are extra choices when you stay in Australia. You may watch UFC 246 by way of Predominant Occasion on Foxtel. You may as well watch on the UFC website or using its app. You may even order using your PlayStation 4 or utilizing the UFC app on your Xbox One.
- The principle card begins Sep. 26, 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Sep. 26, eight p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Sep. 26, 7 p.m. ET (four p.m. PT).
- The principle card begins Sep. 27, three a.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Sep. 27, 1 a.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Sep 27, midnight BST.
- The principle card begins Sep. 27, 12 p.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Sep. 27, 10 a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Sep. 27, 9 a.m. AEDT.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Paulo Costa.
- Dominick Reyes vs. Jan Blachowicz.
- Kai Kara-France vs. Brandon Royval.
- Ketlen Viera vs. Sijara Eubanks.
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Zubaira Tukhugov.
- Brad Riddell vs. Alex da Silva.
- Jake Matthews vs. Diego Sanchez.
- Shane Younger vs. Ludovit Klein.
- Aleksa Camur vs. William Knight.
- Juan Espino vs. Jeff Hughes.
- Khadis Ibragimov vs. Danilo Marques.