UFC 254 is now simply hours away. With the exception of a few stragglers, the fighters have made weight and we’re good to go. On the high of the cardboard is arguably the most important struggle of 2020: A whole banger in each sense of the phrase. A light-weight unification contest between and .
From a kinds standpoint, it could possibly be probably the most compelling match-up of the yr.
In a single nook we now have Nurmagomedov: Probably the most dominant champion in UFC historical past. With a document of 28-0, he is solely misplaced one spherical in his complete MMA profession — in opposition to— and has dominated virtually each different second he is been within the octagon.
Within the different nook, probably his nightmare match-up. Justin Gaethje isn’t just a technical brawler with concrete slabs for palms (and possibly the most effective leg kicks in MMA) he is additionally a world class wrestler. The consensus is Gaethje has a greater likelihood than anybody to maintain this struggle on the toes and out of Nurmagomedov’s consolation zone — who likes to take opponent down and wreck them with floor and pound until they’re sapped of life and power. If you need additional perception into this match-up, you’ll be able to’t do higher than Inside The Octagon with Dan Hardy. Nice present, nice perception.
If you need slightly extra info on the struggle and the backstory main as much as the competition, I like to recommend UFC Countdown.
UFC 254’s undercard is fairly gentle, aside from one struggle: A middleweight contest between former champ Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier. That one can be an absolute banger so do not miss it. Whittaker is among the greatest UFC middleweights ever and Cannonier has been a wrecking ball within the final couple of years. The winner will almost definitely face off in opposition to present champ, so tune in.
Easy methods to watch UFC 254
This yr the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for client selection. Particularly if you happen to’re one of many UFC followers who need to watch UFC stay within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know how you can watch UFC 254, you may solely discover the struggle night time on PPV by means of ESPN Plus. The fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed below are the choices to observe UFC on ESPN, in accordance with ESPN’s site.
- Current yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight for $65.
- Current month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will have the ability to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the flexibility to observe the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one yr, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do the entire above on the hyperlink under.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 254 exclusively through BT Sport. There are extra choices if you happen to stay in Australia. You may watch UFC 254 by means of Predominant Occasion on Foxtel. You can even watch on the UFC website or using its app. You may even order using your PlayStation 4 or utilizing the UFC app on your Xbox One.
It is a bizarre one. Usually UFC occasions have the identical begin instances, this time spherical it is completely topsy turvy so pay shut consideration to the instances under. For these in different areas, the UFC has a great list of start times.
- The principle card begins Oct. 24, 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 12 p.m. ET (9 a.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Oct. 24, 10.15 a.m. ET (7.15 a.m. PT).
- The principle card begins Oct. 24, 7 p.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 5 p.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Oct 24, 3.15 BST.
- The principle card begins Oct. 25, 5 a.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Oct. 25, Three a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Oct. 25, 1.15 a.m. AEDT.
This card is topic to alter. We’ll try to hold up to date as a lot as attainable.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje,
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris
- Jacob Malhoun vs. Phil Hawes
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nathaniel Wooden vs. Casey Kenney
- Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rahkmonov
- Da-un Ung vs. Sam Alvey
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev